The Ulster Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Principal Piccolo/Principal Flute (no.3).
Under its Chief Conductor Rafael Payare, and Principal Guest Conductor Jac van Steen, the Ulster Orchestra is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2016/17. Its season concerts take place at the Ulster Hall in Belfast, many of which are broadcast by BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Ulster.
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent orchestral section and solo playing skills, on both piccolo and flute
- show excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be able to contribute to the wide range of activity within the orchestra’s Learning and Community Engagement work, including chamber music
Candidates may be shortlisted according to the following criteria:
- A high standard of musical training
- Recent professional orchestral experience
Applications should be emailed to Kate Ellis, Assistant Orchestra Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the application form only, available from the dropbox on the Vacancies page. CV applications will not be considered. Candidates are also required to fill in the Monitoring form, also available from the dropbox on the Vacancies page. The closing date for applications is Monday 13th March at 1200. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to audition in London on Tuesday 11th April. Consideration may be given to candidates preferring to audition on alternative dates in Belfast.
The list of audition requirements for the position can be downloaded from the dropbox on the Vacancies page.
The Ulster Orchestra is an Equal Opportunities employer.