The Ulster Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Principal Clarinet (No.2).
The Ulster Orchestra celebrated its 50th anniversary season in 2016/17, and looks forward to the 2017/18 season under Music Director Rafael Payare, and Principal Guest Conductor Jac van Steen. Many of the orchestra’s concerts are broadcast by BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Ulster, and take place at the Ulster Hall and Waterfront Hall in Belfast.
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent orchestral section and solo playing skills
- show excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be able to contribute to the wide range of activity within the orchestra’s Learning and Community Engagement work, including chamber music
Although not a requirement of the audition, it is expected that the successful candidate will play bass clarinet as required.
Candidates may be shortlisted according to the following criteria:
- A high standard of musical training
- Recent professional orchestral experience
This post is not currently open for applications, but shortlisted candidates can download the audition excerpts at the link below.