Section Leader Cello
The Ulster Orchestra is seeking to appoint a Section Leader to its Cello section.
Following an enormously successful 2017/18 Season, the Orchestra looks forward to the 2018/19 Season under Music Director Rafael Payare and Principal Guest Conductor Jac van Steen. Many of the Orchestra’s concerts are broadcast by BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Ulster and take place at the Ulster Hall and Waterfront Hall in Belfast.
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent solo and orchestral playing abilities, and a commitment to delivering a high standard of work
- demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- actively develop and support positive working relationships with other members of the orchestra, including the administration, the section, and any freelance players
- have excellent communication and organisational skills
In addition to leading and managing the section, attending auditions and sitting on appointment panels, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a range of chamber music playing, and Learning and Community Engagement activity.
Candidates invited to audition will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in their application:
- Highly reputable classical music training
- Excellent professional orchestral and solo cello playing abilities
- Proven expertise in a wide range of musical activity, including Learning and Community Engagement and chamber work
- Considerable recent professional orchestral experience in a numbered position
Applications should be emailed to Laura Hamill, Orchestra Co-ordinator, [email protected], using the application form only, available here. CV applications will not be considered. Candidates are also required to fill in the Monitoring form, available here. The closing date for applications is Monday 6th August 2018 at 1200. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to audition in London on Wednesday 5th September 2018 or Belfast on Tuesday 18th September 2018. Audition excerpts are available to download, below.
The Ulster Orchestra is an Equal Opportunities employer.