|Marketing and Communications Directorate
|Job Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator|
|Reporting to: Director of Marketing and Communications|
|Type of post: Permanent Full-time
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a key role within the Marketing and Communications Team with responsibility for assisting the Marketing and Communications Manager and Director in all matters relating to the remit of the department. This includes marketing, communications, PR and stakeholder engagement. S/he will also be required to work together with other departments within the Orchestra.
- To proactively support the Director of Marketing and Communications in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Ulster Orchestra’s marketing strategy.
- To develop and manage social media campaigns and ensure the Orchestra’s online presence and website is consistently updated with engaging and relevant content.
- Liaison with the Ulster Hall/Belfast Waterfront Box Office and assisting with bookings of complimentary tickets and any other ticketing requirements.
- To assist in managing Ulster Orchestra Season Subscriptions scheme.
- To assist in the development and delivery of audience engagement plans.
- To assist in the delivery of special events e.g. pre-concert receptions.
- To assist other team members in the day to day marketing of the Orchestra. This includes PR support, writing press releases, features and online content promote to help raise the profile of concerts, education and development activities.
- To secure and manage advertising for concert programmes.
- To maintain and monitor records of media and publicity achievements including press clippings, radio and TV coverage, and produce reports regarding media evaluation.
- To maintain a library of Orchestra photos.
- To maintain an archive of key printed material such as concert programmes, season brochures, posters, leaflets and recordings.
- Assist with marketing research, report writing and general administration.
- Assist with the distribution of printed material and direct mail marketing campaigns.
- Be part of the front of house team for orchestra events including concerts as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with regional venues and press contacts as part of the ‘On Your Doorstep’ initiative and fulfil Front of House duties at all regional concerts.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours. Time off in lieu will be given for working outside normal office hours.
- Working as an ambassador for the Ulster Orchestra.
- Any other duties as requested by Management.
- An honours degree in a marketing and communications related discipline
2+ years’ experience of working in a marketing, arts or communications environment
- A high level of knowledge of social media and digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in a small team as well as independently
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to work
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends as required
- Willingness to travel as required regionally across Northern Ireland and the UK
- Willingness to work in Belfast and be based in Northern Ireland
- Access to a car and hold a full clean driving licence
- An interest in classical music and culture
- Someone who has a friendly approach when liaising with stakeholders, an excellent telephone manner and a general ability to get on well with others
- Evidence of writing press releases
- Event management experience
Desirable criteria will be used in the event of shortlisting.
How to apply:
Please complete the attached application form and monitoring form and e-mail your application form and monitoring form to Madeleine Beattie at [email protected] The closing date is Monday 16th July at 12 noon.